Malaga Metro: General Info
The metro of Málaga is a transport network based in several lines of light rail train served with tramways units. This network, currently under construction. It will connect different parts of the city and have links with other transport networks as Metropolitan Transport Consortium Málaga Area (bus, train and metro).
- System length: 7.46 mi
- Dimentions: The vehicles have a length of 101.7 ft. length and 8.7 ft. width
- Number of lines: 2 lines in construction, 1 in project and 3 in study
- Number of stations: 26 stations (21 underground stations)
- Number of vehicles: 14
- Top speed: 43.5 MPH
- Operator: “Agencia de Obra Pública de la Junta de Andalucía” (Public Works Agency of Andalusia)
- Start of operation: It expects to complete the first part of the project, at the end of 2013
- Daily ridership: it is expected 2,000 passengers a day
- Official website: www.metrodemalaga.info
Metro Malaga lines and stations:
Line 1: It had around 6 mi and 14 stations. The line is almost complete to the Guadalmedina station. The opening of the final is expected later in 2013.
Stations: La Malagueta, La Marina, Guadalmedina, El Perchel, La Unión, Barbarela, Carranque, Portada Alta, Ciudad de la Justicia, Universidad, Clínico, El Cónsul, Rectorado, Colegios Mayores, Talleres y Cocheras.
Line 2: The construction of Line 2 has a very advanced stage of the Martin Carpena-The District Perchel Carretera de Cádiz. It had 4.16 mi and 10 stations. The Line 2 and 1 of the metro shares the stretch of The Malagueta-The Perchel.
Stations: La Malagueta, La Marina, Guadalmedina, El Perchel, La Isla, La Princesa, El Troncal, La Luz-La Paz, Puerta Blanca, Martín Carpena.
Line 3: This line is in project, it will be the next one to tackle, after 1 and 2.
STATIONS: La Malagueta, Sancha, Baños del Carmen, Juan Valera, Pedregalejo, Mercado, El Palo.
Metro Málaga Rates
The Price of the main ticket of the Metro will be of 1.30 euros.